Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: [Greek] Singing Grammarian Video Series

-->

 

Review: Singing Grammarian Video Series by H. Daniel Zacharias

 

The big title actually needs to say “Greek” somewhere. Having to read the small print to see what type of Grammar the videos are about is less than perfect marketing; other than that, ten points for creativity! The songs are catchy, even if the lyrics do not always match with the tunes. These videos are plain cool and very helpful. Try one and you’ll be hooked!

The videos are strictly for memorizing the Greek paradigm charts; so, the student needs to understand Greek grammar prior to using these tools.

Once I had watched the videos a few times I started wishing there was accompanying mp3’s that I could just sync to my iPod to take on the road.

After a while, I also wished the creative attention getters in the songs could be skipped to listen to the paradigms alone. Also, it would have been really useful to have them repeated a few more times each to help with memorization.

The only thing I would like to say to the creators is: when will the Hebrew paradigms be released? I really, really need them!


Disclosure: The video series was received for free from Kregel Academic & Ministry review program. The program does not require a positive review, only a truthful one.