Monday, November 4, 2013

Book Review: 5 Conversations you Must Have with your Daughter by Vicki Courtney

Book Review: 5 Conversations you Must Have with your Daughter by Vicki Courtney


Parenting does not come with its own Manual, but it should. No worries, help is available in this incredibly interesting book. The author's wise approach to raising her own daughter is an inspiration in this easy to enjoy book. From the beginning she will get you interested in finding ways that you too can "loosen my grip, and ask God to tighten His."

As a father of a beautiful two-year-old I don't want her to grow, yet I know I must be prepared to make the most of the brief time the Lord has given me to help her prepare for life. The author does not sugarcoat the frustrations that will come along the way, the difficulties of being successful in having those five conversations with your daughter (over and over again), and for that I am grateful.

I, for one, appreciate the fact the book is written from a strongly biblical point of view. Who better than God to give us principles that actually work? He knows better, because He is the designer.

I recommend the book to anyone that has a daughter or is planning on having one.

4/5 Stars

 
Disclosure: The book was received for free from B&H Publishing Group through NetGalley's book review program. The program does not require a positive review, only an honest one.