Book Review: Five Steps to Breaking Free from PornYou may not want to hear it, but Joe Dallas will tell it like it is; the wishy-washy ways Christians use to attempt to get over any type of sin are clearly exposed in this book. It lays the guilt where it really needs to be, asks for repentance and gives the steps that any truly repentant sinner caught by the tentacles of pornography will want to follow to be set free once and for all.
The steps seem easy at first, but they involve a level of commitment few books request from the sinner:
1. Access. Do not just purpose in your heart you will never look at porn again, break every possible avenue of access to it!
2. Accountability. Be transparent and rely on a mature Christian and your wife to keep you on the right path.
3. Awareness. Be always on the look-out. Sin is sneaky.
4. Amends. Repentance involves restitution to those your sin has harmed.
5. Anticipation. Live your life in light of eternity. How will you be remembered?
The first thing that the addict must understand is that his/her sin is grievous and that it violates God's clear commandments. Second, we must be delivered from the pride of self-sufficiency and stop kidding ourselves. We need help. We cannot overcome alone.
Anyone dealing with this problem or counseling someone who is must avail themselves of this resource. It is concise, yet Scriptural. Get it, read it, share it!